Workshop One – Chocolate Discovery Day
Have you ever thought about working with chocolate? Come and join me on this 1-day discovery course where we will, together, cover basic techniques that will provide you with the confidence to create your own bespoke range of chocolate products.
Who should attend: Anyone with an interest in chocolate, either eating or creating bespoke works of art!
What the course covers:
This is an informative, practical hands on course for beginners incorporating the range of products below:
• tempering theory and practical - pre-crystallisation methods: Seeding with callets and microwave tempering
and a review of equipment and machinery
• chocolate truffles: hand dipped and pre-made truffle spheres finished with inspiring decorations
• moulded chocolates with ganache fillings
• chocolate lollipops - demonstrating the use of transfer sheets
• chocolate decoration
The theory will cover the ideal working and storage environments plus shelf life considerations.
The course includes:
• all course materials and recipe booklet
• lunch and refreshments (please notify me of any dietary restrictions)
What to wear:
• comfortable working clothes and covered shoes
• you are more than welcome to bring your own full apron, but one will be provided
At the end of the course you will take home all your beautiful hand-crafted creations in a variety of chocolate packaging, for you and your family to enjoy.
Duration 9.30am - 5.00pm approx.
Please note: if you have any gastro-intestinal upset prior to attending, you must be clear of symptoms 24 hours prior to the date of your course. If you are unable to attend your booked course for any reason, your course fee will be transferred to another, mutually agreed, date.